vt100 terminal emulation

This forum is read only. No new submissions are accepted.

Questions about motif? Contact us

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
vt100 terminal emulation

I have inherated some code which has a window that does vt100 terminal emulation. The user is able to type commands in and receive responses. Running on Solaris it uses CDE`s DtTERM which works nicely. Under Redhat Linux it uses a widget from the Free Widget Foundation called xmAnsiTerm. This widget works for the most part, but has some problems. The display gets cluttered with garbage at various locations. I have not been able to find any documentation on this widget class. The date of the latest release of widgets from the FWF is 1996. Their web site does not exist any more, though their FTP site does.

Does anyone have any experience with this xmAnsiTerm widget? Is there something I can do to fix this problem? Does anybody know of any documentation on this widget? Is there a better solution to using xmAnsiTerm? Is there something in Linux like CDEs DtTerm that I could use?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

I know this is an old

I know this is an old thread, but I also need that widget to work. I am getting some errors
compiling (on GNU/Linux, with OpenMotif)
This is the tarball, you will find the widget in the FWF/src/XmAnsiTerm directory
ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/widgets/fwf-4.0.tar.gz

Can anyone help me? Thank you for any reply!

mghis