Note: To develop applications that use ToolTalk, you must have the ToolTalk development software from your vendor.
This appendix includes the following sections:
- ToolTalk Concepts
- Overview of ViewKit ObjectPak's ToolTalk Support
- Establishing a Connection to the ToolTalk Service
- Sending and Receiving ToolTalk Messages
- Supporting Messaging in Application Windows
- Supporting Messaging in Components
- Registering Services for Autostart
- Troubleshooting Checklist
The ViewKit interprocess message facility consists of a set of classes that support the ToolTalkTM message service for interprocess communication. Figure 60. shows the inheritance graph for the classes supporting the ViewKit message facility. The ViewKit message facility also provides several utility functions that are not class member functions.
Figure 60. Inheritance Graph for ViewKit Message Facility Classes