XiDBRadioBox: DX15/BX40/Motif12/HP1020/Orcl8

This forum is read only. No new submissions are accepted.

Questions about motif? Contact us

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
XiDBRadioBox: DX15/BX40/Motif12/HP1020/Orcl8

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 06/30/2001 - 19:57. Developers
I`m back! Thank you for all the help so far!
Background refresher I use DX1.5 and BX4.0 under HPUX10.20 using Oracle8, HP C Compiler, and Motif 1.2
I have a little additional experience with Motif, but I`ve only been working with DX1.5 for a few months. I have a question that I can`t find in the manuals (If I am mistaken, please say so). Unfortunately I cannot use the DX tutorial because the highest Oracle version the DX1.5 tutorial uses is one of the Oracle7. So, I have to rely on a single manual.

These questions are about the XiDBRadioBox

1) The default of resource entryLabelString seems to be you put the label text to the left of the XiDBRadioBox.
What if I want the label text to appear ABOVE the XiDBRadioBox?

2) Resource access the access resource of XiDBRadioBox is usually CSG.
What does CSG stand for?

ICS_support

2) CSG is used in the Motif manuals. "C" means the resource is set at creation time; "S" means it can be set later via XtSetValues; "G" means it can be fetched later via XtGetValues.

CSG is the default. There are some resources which can`t be set after creation; there are some that can`t be set except after creation; there are some that can`t be fetched later; there are some that can be set but not retrieved; and, finally, note that the manual uses "S" when the appropriate function is not XtSetValues but XtSetSensitive or XtAddCallback or another resource-specific function provided by Xt.

1) if an XiDBRadioBox is based on an XmRowColumn, as I expect, then the entryLabelString has the same geometry restrictions. Check the manual page for XmRowColumn. You can hide the entry and put a second widget in the interface to have the label in another place.