Browser Errs: DX15/BX40/Motif12/HP1020/Orcl8

This forum is read only. No new submissions are accepted.

Questions about motif? Contact us

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Browser Errs: DX15/BX40/Motif12/HP1020/Orcl8

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 06/30/2001 - 20:05. Developers
I`m back! Thank you for all the help so far!
Background refresher I use DX1.5 and BX4.0 under HPUX10.20 using Oracle8, HP C Compiler, and Motif 1.2
I have a little additional experience with Motif, but I`ve only been working with DX1.5 for a few months. I have a question that I can`t find in the manuals (If I am mistaken, please say so). Unfortunately I cannot use the DX tutorial because the highest Oracle version the DX1.5 tutorial uses is one of the Oracle7. So, I have to rely on a single manual.

Browser Errors/Warnings

1) X Toolkit Warning

While trying to work on XiDBRadioBox`s resource XmNmap, I got this warning
X Toolkit Warning
Name my_method
Class XiDBRadioBox
failure of geometry request to "almost" reply

What does that mean?
Also, where can I find a list of error/warning messages that DX1.5 and/or BX4.0 can produce?

2) What does WML mean and stand for, as in Getting WML description from file "/ICS/databaseXcessory.1.5/wml/epak.wml

ICS_support

1) This is an error that shouldn`t happen; it indicates that within the widgets, geometry negotation has failed. In particular, a manager widget promised to provide a partial accommodation of a geometry request and then failed to provide that partial accommodation when it was immediately requested again. This error shouldn`t occur. You should examine your widget hierarchy and check for home-made widgets in the instance hierarchy; if all widgets are from The Open Group, report the error there; if widgets are from the DBPak, you can report the error to ICS, along with information about the window manager you are using and other geometry-related information.

2) WML is the widget meta-language, a language used by UIL and by BX and DX to describe widgets and their resources. The language is essentially an outline of what data types the resources are and what restrictions are on them. It is human-readable but also read by these tools.