Required X release for Motif 2.2.2

This forum is read only. No new submissions are accepted.

Questions about motif? Contact us

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Required X release for Motif 2.2.2

Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 08/08/2002 - 15:27. General Questions
Is there a minimum required level of X11 to compile Motif 2.2.2? We have R6.1 and there are missing .h files, like X11/extensions/Print.h and X11/Xos_r.h.

Anonymous

Hi,

(I`m not a maintainer).

I will bet even an older version will work.

I think some X packagers have leaft out these files. OpenMotif does inlcude a Print.h but is not the same as X11`s Print.h

Some distributors leave these files out capriciously because they beleive you will install a developer`s [distribution] if you will be compiling (which would install more files). Infact - I think it wouldn`t be a suprise if you are missing more header files than that.

Anyway, you might check www.x.org to get just the files you are missing. (or even www.xfree86.org)

You can likely use X.org`s copy of Print.h for R6. Your distributor would have a modified it from the origional only if your system was somehow different; gaining or lacking in some printing features. It may not be a perfect mate for your print caps; but it I think it will get you compiled - and printing.

Anonymous

just remember, you cant compile on SOlaris. XFree distributes these files, many non free unix vendors do not. that is probably your problem.